Far be it from me to interfere with the running of Universities, but why don’t they start their academic year a term later?
It seems to me that this would have a few advantages:
- Students wouldn’t have the important last year of school work interrupted with visiting, then applying to universities, interviews and entrance exams;
- Universities could make offers on real, rather than predicted grades; and thus
- a large amount of bureaucracy, time and expense could be alleviated.
Perhaps it might also
- condense a gap year into a gap term; or
- give the student the chance to do some preparatory work.
Just a thought.